Friday 5 November 2010

One memory lost

Well, I had been hoping to be putting some photographs up, but I mucked up. I won't be a bad worker and blame my tools.
I spent a couple of days in hospital documenting my fathers stay after having his knee replaced. Initially I wasn't going to come and visit as he preferred I focused on my university studies. However, surprise! I turned up armed with liquorish and a camera. Luckily my Pa was pleasantly surprised.
I couldn't wait for these photographs to come out and as an added bonus the hospital was amazingly lit.
So you can probably imagine how annoyed I felt when the film became exposed. I had been mainly relying on my film camera, taking limited shots on my mobile phone. I guess technology has always had its advantages.

There will be so much that will be forgotten, the little details such as the pattern on the curtain and the bed sheets, the Mr Juicy orange cartons, the strange physio machinery, the dinning room, the smiles on each family member and the sliding doors that provided each individual their private space whom all watched Strictly Come Dancing from the comforts of their own bed.

I guess not all is lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment